We're dancing to poetry (and money) at our wedding in October 2005. Send your contributions to michelleandrhett at gmail dot com

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Rosalie Zerrudo

I'm also flipping through my collection of books for poems and other pieces to use in the money dance. Alot of wedding couples distribute a CD of their favorite love songs, why can't we distribute our favorite poems?

These are by Rosalie Zerrudo who was my gracious hostess when I stayed in Camiguin, Mindanao, Philippines for a week and arranged for me to have that most memorable experience of teaching kali to locals there. She manages Tarzan's Nest, a delightful treehouse resort.

Alchemy of Love

Like the falling leaf
touching the lily in a pond
destiny brought me back
to your hand
Just as the tarot card
revealed the unknkown
we were gently guided and blessed
by the omens of a storm
the volcanic hot spring
favored our shivering skin
while we listened to the sweet
tete-a-tete at the foot
of a mountain
The Jedi's fearless, uncompromising
heart is rare
so free, that even the loneliest
woman is not free spared
let this alchemy teach me more
to free myself
from the fear of losing
and the dangers of owning
and when some other day
you choose to deserve me
please come early,
so in this lifetime
together we can share
more love, music, and tea...
--from "Poems of Selfhood" Road Map Series, Vol 3 No 2. Davao City, Philippines. 2003

The Awakening

Awakening

Emanating clear sky
Touches a deep blue ocean
Downpour of sweet rain
Song of a swan

Lotus flower unfolding
Earth flower everywhere
Butterflies hovering
Each one has a place

Everything has a purpose
Everyone has a role to play
The master is the self
The heart, the soul
The truth is "I"

The soul shines
My life is here and now
This is a reality
I deserve to live
An even happy life
--from "Poems for Daydreamers, Moonbathers, Stargazers, Mountain Climbers, Lovers" Road Map Series, Vol 2 No 27, Davao City, Philippines. Revised Reprint 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home